Sunday, March 8, 2015

Being Accepted

I was on a trip with a friend. we were talking about life things and worries. I realized in our conversation how much we try to please people in our lives. We worry about how we are dressed because we want to create a good impression. We try to do a good job at work so our boss will like us. We create art that is trendy or what people will want. It is our nature.

I always try to read before I go to bed, and that night I was reading scripture when I came across a talk (not in the scriptures but in my notes) about being acceptable to God. We run around trying to please people in all parts of our lives, which is a good thing, but we forget to put God in the equation. Are we doing things that would be acceptable to Him?

I have found in my own life, if I am doing the things that make me acceptable to God, then everything else seems to work out, the friends, the job, the art, the kids...all of it. Of course it is not problem free, and many times I wondered if it was really working, but there is a confidence inside me that is not there otherwise. And there are promises from God if we are doing those things that make us acceptable. And God always keeps His word. He really does.

So I will try to do what is acceptable to God and let him take care of the rest.

Here is a link to that talk. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/05/being-accepted-of-the-lord?lang=eng

Here is my journey today...



No comments :

Post a Comment